Monday, October 13, 2008

1 Mountain, 9 Friends and Loads of Strawberries

A leisure trip that took place over the weekend.. In spite of my "kejap ok-kejap tak ok" state of health, it was a trip that I enjoyed. The pace of the trip was a slow one.. which was good when I was in the "kejap tak ok" mode.

The weather was cold, and there were moments I felt as if I wasn't prepared despite my layers of clothing.. The strawberry jams and scones were yummy.. and so were the fresh strawberries.. and not to mention the chocolate coated strawberries.

Played Taboo which was great fun (although to an observer, he would think we were playing Charades).

The hotel personnel were accommodating with my prayer room request -- they actually converted a normal hotel room into a prayer area.. and due to a power failure in the 1st prepared room, the housekeeping personnel went the extra mile and prepared a 2nd hotel room just for me! I was touched and impressed with the level of service provided.. which reminds me, I better drop a note to the manager.

The trip back was an out of an ordinary one for me.. Due to an unexpected pot hole, we ended up with 2 punctures and had to detour to get that sorted out. Our trip back was "delayed" by an hour or so.. but glad it all ended well. At least I know who to call should I end up with a flat.. hehehe.. but then again, I hope to not have to experience a flat.. so touch wood!

Thanks guys for putting up with me during the weekend. It was a great one.. 

Theme Song - Shontelle's T-Shirt

7 comments:

  1. hehehe... arrystrawberry.. :D
    yes i should take better care of myself..
    contrary to popular belief.. work is NOT everything and should not ALWAYS be first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i woudn't mind going up there again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i must upload the video taken during Taboo....."marv, u can say something or not"....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. got ah the video? hehehe...
    who said that ah? asking marv to say something? sounds like me aje but not too sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya ya.....got....hehehehe.....sure laugh seeing it again. It was Neely who said tat, garang tu, then later we girls told them all can speak. Imagine if we toggle between Taboo & charades, then we're in trouble...or the guys in trouble..lol

    ReplyDelete