Monday, August 15, 2011

Living out of a suitcase

In the past 5 months, I've spent 50% of it living out of a suitcase. Through this experience, I've learnt:

  1. that I have way too much clothes in my present wardrobe.
  2. I only need a maximum 10 sets of clothes for a 3 week trip (you can actually survive with 6 sets).
  3. that I've mastered the art of packing for leisure & work.
  4. I know how to pack for different durations e.g 3 days to 21 days.
  5. You don't really need your hand luggage. Most of the time it's left untouched from the time you board till the time you disembark* (even if it's a 15 hour flight).

    * this would not apply if you had kids, or have a 5 hour transit to a connecting flight of 8 hours.
So the next time you decide to pack your whole bedroom, STOP. Pick out what you *think* you need and then reduce it further and you'll be fine.

Leave all the what ifs at home.. and if you really need to bring more than you should, make sure it's the undergarments.

4 comments: